Cornflakes get dressed up for the holidays!
Get the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/cornflake-christmas-wreaths-3887318
Cornflake Christmas Wreaths
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Total: 1 hr 10 min
Active: 40 min
Yield: 24 servings
One 16-ounce package marshmallows
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Green gel food coloring, for tinting
6 cups cornflakes
Mini round cinnamon candies, for decorating
Red sour candy roll-ups, such as Rip Rolls, or licorice ropes, cut into 5-by-1/4-inch lengths, for decorating
White mini nonpareils, for decorating
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large bowl and microwave on 50-percent power in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each, until melted, about 1 minute 30 seconds.
Stir in the vanilla and enough food coloring to make the mixture a deep green, 10 to 15 drops. Stir in the cornflakes until they are completely coated.
Working with wet hands, form the mixture into twenty-four 2-inch balls. Flatten on the prepared baking sheets and poke a hole in the middle of each with your finger, molding the sides as needed to form a wreath shape. Decorate with the cinnamon candies to create holly berries. Form the red candy strips into a simple bow on each wreath. Sprinkle lightly with the white nonpareils for snow. Let set at room temperature to firm up, about 2 hours, or refrigerate 30 minutes.
Copyright 2017 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.
Watch free FULL EPISODES of Food Network shows: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/full-episodes?soc=youtube
Visit Food Network online: http://www.foodnetwork.com
Like Food Network on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork
Follow Food Network on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FoodNetwork
Follow Food Network on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foodnetwork/
the #best Cooking Videos – Cornflake Christmas Wreaths | Food Network #best #Cooking #Videos #youtube
- The Alchemy of Novelty Potato Chip Flavors
- 19 Breakfast Baking Recipes to Make Your Mornings Toasty
- Key Lime Meets Lemon Meringue in This Citrusy Cream Pie
- Special Sauce: Resy’s Ben Leventhal on the Growing Pains of Internet Start-Ups
- A Day in the Life of a Dim Sum Cart
- How to Make From-Scratch Japanese Curry That's Better Than the Box
- 20 Clam, Oyster, and Mussel Recipes for Shellfish Lovers
- Finding Jamaica in Upstate New York
- Upgraded Grasshopper Pie: The Mint Chocolate Dessert of Your Dreams
- 20 5-Ingredient Recipes to Keep Your Winter Evenings Chill
- Greek Yogurt Makes These 12 Recipes Shine
- The Tourné Knife: A Paring Knife That Turns Heads, and Why You Need It
- Roast Your Strawberries for a Taste of Summer in Winter
- Special Sauce: Eater Cofounder Ben Leventhal on the Early Days of Web 2.0
- The Sneaky Ways Winter Weather Ruins Your Baking
- Thanksgiving Gravy Recipes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes
- Thanksgiving Carrot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Drinks
- Thanksgiving More Side Dish Recipes